Getting Ready for the School Year
Have you checked out the new tools and features available in myPLTW? Here is a brief overview of the new features and tools available to you:
- Courses is the new, engaging way for all PLTW students and teachers to access PLTW curriculum. Courses replaces the current myPLTW Learning Management System (LMS), which teachers will continue to have access to through Sept. 30. Until this date, they can retrieve or export customized resources and files.
- Community is the new way for PLTW teachers to connect with each other, share ideas, and learn from peers. Community replaces the Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in the LMS. PLTW teachers have Community groups based on program and course, and there are groups for Master Teachers and Core Training cohorts. Over time, we'll establish additional groups for other myPLTW users.
- myPLTW Features:
- Self-service Account Creation â€“ To make it easier for network members to get started with PLTW, users will now be able to create their own account and then search for and request to join sites within the PLTW network.
- New Profile Management Features â€“ Users will now be able to view earned course credentials and upload a profile picture using the "My Profile" feature.
- Enhanced Program Management Tools â€“ Managing PLTW programs should be simple, so we're releasing new tools such as the ability to view programs confirmed for next year, expanded help resources, and in-portal notifications.
- Class Management â€“ When resetting student passwords, teachers will now have the option to select a system-generated password or set one of their own choosing. They can also add section names to organize their classes.
To learn more about these tools and features, review Getting Ready for the New School Year with PLTW. This FAQ guide has all the information you need to take advantage of and transition smoothly to the new tools. If you missed it, take time to watch the myPLTW update webinar to see an overview of Courses, Community, and other myPLTW additions. << Back to list page
Email this Page